Saturday, September 11, 2010

Weekend Yummy
Missy's Favorite Scrambled Eggs + Skinny Mimosa

Scrambled Eggs
1 whole egg
1 egg white
4 leaves fresh basil, diced
1/2 medium tomato, diced
1/8-1/4 cup low-fat, fresh mozzarella
Salt and pepper to taste
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray

Spray a frying pan with the EVOO and heat to medium high heat. Scramble the eggs, mix in the salt, pepper and basil. Add the egg mixture to the pan. After about 1/2 minute, add the mozzarella. Just before the eggs are done cooking, add the tomatoes. 

Skinny Mimosa
2 parts champagne
1 part sugar free Tang

Mix the champagne and Tang and serve in a fancy glass!

This is one of my favorite breakfasts! I had it for the first time when I was visiting Jessie in Baltimore and we went out to breakfast at one of the local bars. The bars there are really  unique. They look so tiny from the outside, but once you get inside they are usually really nice and have awesome food!

Looky what I just bought at the grocery store! A basil plant! This is my first herb plant that I have ever owned. Now I can make my favorite scrambled eggs all the time! Boo-ya!

No comments: